The contact details of the Data Protection Officer who is responsible for GDPR:
Gareth Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Little Big PR Limited: email@example.com
Who is Little Big PR Limited?
Little Big PR Limited (whose registered address is Lynwood House, 373-375 Station Road, Harrow, United Kingdom, HA1 2AW, and registered company number (10651099) provides publicity, social media and consultancy services worldwide for the purposes of contacting and conversing with press and influencers on behalf of it’s clients.
Little Big PR Limited is a ‘data controller’ in respect of the personal information that it collects and stores from both journalists and PRs.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We only collect basic personal data about journalists, including name, email, phone number and social media profiles.
We collect this personal information by a number of means including:
• Identifying bylines in papers, online sites and magazines
• By communicating with journalists when we hear of a move within the industry
• By following journalists updating their status on various platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and other sites.
What is the purpose of collecting the personal data as well as the legal basis for the processing?
We collect, store and handle the personal information of journalists and influencers to enable interaction and placement of stories on behalf of our clients.
We only collect personal data from journalists or influencers that we need in order to provide and oversee this service to our clients. We believe in and carry out a policy of data minimisation. Little Big PR Limited holds no sensitive data on journalists (eg religious views, health history or criminal records).
We may also handle personal information to keep our website and the data storage platform secure and to ensure that our processes and procedures are as secure as possible.
What do we do with your data?
All the personal data that we handle is processed by our staff in the UK. However for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. We do not carry out any automated decision making which is likely to have a legal or similar effect on you. All our staff are aware, of our data protection policies.
Journalists’ personal information can only be accessed via a secure and password protected site. Their personal details are restricted to only those working for Little big PR Limited.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us but no transit on over the internet can ever be guaranteed so we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transfer over the internet to us.
What do the PR community do with journalists’ data?
Employees subscribe via a password protected site to identify the right journalist in order to:
• Call or return a call from a journalist following an enquiry
• Introduce their spokespeople to the journalist
• To send products to the journalists
• To send press releases / marketing updates
• To correct inaccurate stories written by journalists.
How we share your personal information and who we share it with
We do not share your personal information with our clients, but we may disclose information under the following circumstances:
• Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified afterwards via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How long do we keep your data?
Little Big PR Limited constantly checks to see if the journalists on the data platform are still working at the outlets assigned to as well as still having a career in journalism. If a journalist leaves the world of journalism, we remove that journalist from our database and remove all personal data relating to that journalist from any PR lists that we keep on our database. We work on monthly cycles to verify the data and make sure it is still relevant, if the journalist is still working in journalism, then we will retain the relevant personal information.
What are your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold?
You have the following rights:
• to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
• to ask us to update or correct any out of date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you (in accordance with applicable data protection legislation);
• to request that we send you (or another data controller) your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (in accordance with applicable data protection laws); and
• the right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please write to us (either by post or e-mail) at the address specified below.
If you object to our processing of your personal information for certain purposes or you want us to stop using or to delete your personal information, you can contact us and tell us why. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we’ll let you know and tell you why.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/ or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering our website, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.