Heavy Metal Machines, the post-apocalyptic car combat PC MOBA, has received a scary update featuring limited time character models. Little Monster, Rampage and Black Lotus get their fan-favorite outfits resurrected for “Heavy Halloween”, giving them a mysterious ancient mummy appearance. (“Curse of Nefertem”), poisoned spiders (“Arachnophobia”) or even a brain-exposed Frankenstein monster on wheels (“It’s Alive”).
In addition to this spooky content available in the in-game store, Heavy Metal Machines has also summoned back a Halloween skin for the Artificer character, a pumpkin-witch-bat look that seems straight out of hell. This time, however, players can earn the “71st Witchcraft” skin entirely for free by completing 40 group matches on Steam with friends until the 20th November.
All new skins are from the Heavy Metal category, and change not only the characters’ looks, but also their abilities when equipped and will be available until the 4th December.
Why Heavy Metal Machines rocks:
- Free-to-play MOBA: 4v4 multiplayer car battle with a heavy metal theme.
- A Legend Reborn: Narrated by Larry Huffman, of Rock ’n Roll Racing.
- Choose your role from three main classes: Interceptor, Support, and Transporter.
- Fourteen Deadly Drivers: 14 playable characters with their own characteristics and backstories. From Little Monster, a child hell-bent on seeking revenge for the death of her father, to Dirt Devil, a pirate leader from the Wastelands who hunts the giant sandworm that cost him an arm and an eye.
- Three Hellish Arenas: Temple of Sacrifice, Metal God Arena, and the Cursed Necropolis already available to play.
- Just the Beginning: More content constantly updated and new characters, arenas and game modes on the way.
- eSports Championships: Planned competitive tournaments featuring cash-prizes to fuel the game’s eSports scene.
From the Brazilian studio Hoplon, Heavy Metal Machines, features dedicated North American servers and is currently in the Road to Malmheim Season. The game is available for free both on Steam or as a downloadable game client. More information about Heavy Metal Machines can be found on the official website. Follow the game on Facebook, Instagram and on Twitter.
Press assets for Heavy Metal Machines and Hoplon can be found at the Press Room.
About Heavy Metal Machines
Heavy Metal Machines is a one-of-a-kind 4v4 multiplayer arena combat game where two teams battle it out across three deadly arenas to be the first to score a goal and destroy their opponent’s base. Players choose from a roster of psychotic post-apocalyptic road warriors with each over-the-top personality bringing their own unique death machine, delivering a distinct style of gameplay with awesome upgrades and customizations to match. Over a dozen vehicles are available, dealing destruction while being accompanied by a dynamic, moodsetting heavy metal soundtrack.
Founded in 2000, Hoplon is one of the leading game developers in Brazil, with a team of over 80 highly skilled professionals. Located in Florianopolis and a part of the technology centre in Southern Brazil, Hoplon is responsible for pioneering projects in the country and strengthening the Brazilian gaming industry through such titles as Heavy Metal Machines, Apocalypse: The Party’s Over and Taikodom. For more information about Hoplon, please visit www.hoplon.com or follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.