Malheim’s most feared faction, The Rangers, are sworn to protect their homeland — and will never leave it to the rampaging behemoths. For any accomplished Ranger, a vital trait is the ability to push yourself to the limits and the newly-established Malheim Challenge event will certainly assist you in that aim. A continuous hunt, designed to wipe the most murderous behemoths from the face of your beloved land, it will test all your tracking, combat and survival skills.
The event is split into two, equally perilous, parts: ‘Earth Dominator’ and ‘Sky Overlord’. The former sees you take on land-based behemoths while the latter will divert your your eyes upwards, to where flying behemoths cast a long, foreboding shadow. You must defeat two behemoths of the same type in succession to complete the event — may your hunts be plentiful!
In case all that doesn’t prove testing enough, four new behemoths have been spotted in Malheim — each one carrying a different and deadly threat. Here’s what we know so far about these monstrous creatures:
- A dragon behemoth and a subspecies of Cindarr, seen prowling the Promised Plains
- A Thorzan’s roar can easily be mistaken for a thunderclap while it soars above the clouds. Behemoths capable of controlling lightning are many, but this is one of the mightiest
- Has a long horn laden with thunder, when a Thorzan moves, thunder and lightning roars, each attack contains untold power.
- Can summon balls of lightning that reduce enemies to piles of ash. Due to its destructive power, humans (understandably) harbour animosity toward it
- Another dragon behemoth and a subspecies of Saphros, seen in areas around the Stormfury Mountains
- Named because, while Saphros is the symbol of beauty and elegance, Vile Saphros can’t match its beauty and is, arguably, the symbol of cruelty and viciousness#
- Can’t control weather but can create poisonous mist, covering large areas and giving rise to poisonous vines which grow rapidly, binding its enemies
- Not an opponent to take lightly, even other behemoths seem to have a hard time withstanding the effects of its poison
- A Giant behemoth and a subspecies of the Howler that has recently bee found lurking in the Whispering Woods.
- Mutated from forest wolves and different to both Howler and Ice Howler; in that it doesn’t have the power to control any element, however, it is certainly no less dangerous — the Bone Howler’s body is made up of sharp bone-like ‘blades’, with head and tail most prominent. It charges enemies and slashes with its tail, it can slice the very air around it to create air pressure capable of killing enemies at range
- Battling Bone Howlers — and remaining intact — requires complete awareness of its movements
- Last of the new arrivals and probably the deadliest too. The Kirin, has begun appearing in the Desolate Sands of late
- A radiant and eye-catching beast, it doesn’t fall short even when compared to Saphros (which Malheim acknowledges as the most dazzling behemoth)
- Elegant during battle, agile and dexterous; has wings filled with tiny scales that reflect the brilliance of the sun
- Do not be fooled by its splendour, the Kirin is vicious and deadly. It is said to have destroyed countless hamlets in faraway lands; in its eyes, humans are scurrying ugly ants without value
- The Kirins are thought to have arrived in Malheim in pursuit of a swordsman from the east and have traced his steps to the Desolate Sands. As to how to deal with this elegant yet deadly enemy is a new challenge for every Ranger upon Malheim
Rangers of Oblivion is among Google Play’s recommended titles this month. Download Rangers of Oblivion and create a legacy of monster-hunting mastery, defend the land of Malheim and explore an ever-changing, living, breathing fantasy world.
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *
About YOOZOO Games
YOOZOO Games is a global entertainment company specializing in game development and distribution. The company is headquartered in Shanghai with offices in London, Berlin, Hong Kong, Singapore, and other major cities. Since its founding in 2009, YOOZOO has launched a multitude of highly successful products such as Legacy of Discord – Furious Wings and League of Angels, and has forged a strong global distribution network.